Our solution at Southland Minerals Foundation Corporation is to raise funds and distribute them to materials and resources that could repair the damaged environment in areas of Africa. We will improve the land and living conditions for the people who live on the land, therefore reducing the risk of contaminated soil and agriculture.
In addition to providing physical solutions, we will also provide an educational component as well for maximum efficiency. This will include training, workshops and classes on good mining practices and the consequences that can result from lack thereof. We strongly feel that by combining tangible services with awareness, we can slowly begin to conquer the issues that are leading to environmental destruction and death. Once we have made progress with our current objectives we hope to expand our services to cover a broader range of global problems.
Our other focuses will include, but not be limited to:
- Ecological transition and technology
- Environmental management
- Green project financing and green financial engineering
- Support of strategic use of communication and education to strengthen and train stakeholders to use natural resources in sustainable ways
- Treatment of rivers and aquatic ecosystems
- Forest Regeneration
- Recycling of plastics
- Migrants and refugees who are displaced from warzone conflicts in the northwest and southwest of Cameroon
- Disaster relief for typhoons in Japan and flooding in the far east of Cameroon
- Promoting open governance
All activities and operations within our organization are overseen by a group of well-qualified individuals. Our diverse volunteers have ties to the community, and thus possess the unique ability to connect with our target demographic. In addition, our board of directors is comprised of a professional group of talented individuals who are dedicated to committing their time and resources into providing the highest quality of programs and services.